Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The c-pap....UPDATE

I ended up NOT getting a c-pap machine. The last sleep study I had was apparently 3 years ago, and insurance won't pay for a c-pap after that much time. So I just had a regular sleep study done. The tech said that I had some apneac epsidoes, but nothing really severe... and apparently not when I was on my sides or stomach. Go figure.

So that's that... we'll see what the doc says. Matt (the hot tech) said that it would be about 2 weeks.




Ok... so I have been diagnosed with OSA... or obstructive sleep apnea. As if I need anything ELSE to be wrong with me? Rhumatoid arthritis? Check. Diabetes? Check. Funky blood? Check. Assimilating scitoma (causes me to go blind when I am stressed)? Check. OSA? Check. *eyes rolling* Sheesh!

So anyway... tonight I have to spend the night at the hospital to get fitted for a c-pap machine. I can't remember what the actual "name" of the thing is... but they call it c-pap for short. I don't like not sleeping with Mike. I don't sleep well when he's not with me. When he worked 3rd shift I couldn't sleep... ask Stacey, or anyone else who chatted with me until the wee hours of the morning during those times!

I don't want to go. I don't want to be away from Blake all night. I don't want some stranger watching me sleep. I don't want that stinking machine on my face all night! UGH! Did I mention I am claustrophobic?

Well... Im done whining. Have to go check on the cake... making a spider cake for Blake to take to school tomorrow. I'll post pics later :)

Jo

No comments: