Sunday, October 14, 2007

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Monday, October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. If you know someone who has lost a child, please make a point to contact them in some form today and let them know you are thinking of them and their child. You may think they have "moved on" and don't want to think about it. But I can guarantee you are wrong. I lost my daughter, Lilly, in April 2005 due to ectopic pregnancy. A day does not go by that I don't think of her and wish she were here. Not a day goes by that I don't wish she were here with me.

An email or phone call that just says, "I was thinking of you today and hoping the day is gentle for you." would be a heartwarming thing. Believe me, you won't regret it.

For anyone reading this who HAS lost a child... I am sorry that your baby is not with you. I understand your pain. A great site that has helped me in my grief journey is www.nationalshareoffice.com

With love and gentle hugs.

Jo

No comments: