Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

Wow! Summertime is SO busy for my family. We used to go camping quite a bit during the summer. But the past couple of years we just haven't had the time/ money for it.

Blake asked the other day how many more days until school starts... and I realized in 3 short weeks, my son will be heading off for his first day of FOURTH grade! This will be his last year at his current school. Then he heads off to a different school for 5th and 6th grades and then to the middle school for 7th and 8th and THEN to the high school. I don't even want to think about it!!!

Highlights of our summer include Blake's first summer camp experience.... and the first time he has been away from us without being with family! Trips to the pool. Summer swim clinic. Camping with Gramma for a week (where Blake learned to swim the butterfly!). Kayaking. Bike riding. Dog walking. Cutting down trees and cleaning up the HUGE mess that was left behind (which is STILL left in the backyard). Cooking out. Hanging out with friends. Playing in the river.

We have a few more "highlights" coming up... and then summer 2009 will be no more. Sad isn't it?

Since I'm being all nostalgic..I think I'll make another post with pics of Blake over the years. I don't want to add them here, because I've already typed all of this and blogger just isn't very coooperative when you add pics AFTER the text (either that or I'm just not in the mood to deal with it tonight!)

Hope everyone who reads this (all 1 of you... LOL) had a wonderful summer as well!!

No comments: