Saturday, September 29, 2007

FAAN walk...

Mike and Blake went on a fundraiser walk today. It is to raise money for research on food allergies and to hopefully come up with a cure for food allergies. The organization that hosted the walk is called FAAN (food allergy anaphalaxis *sp?* network). It was a 2.5 mile walk and Mike said Blake did great during it. I would have gone too, but I had to stay home and keep Dolly calm and quiet.

I do believe that Mike said they announced a count JUST for MI and money raised by today's walk was over $400,000!!! COOOL!!!

Didn't do a whole lot today. My mom took us out for lunch, then we went to Dairy Queen for dessert, then brought Mike and Blake back to the house and picked up Dolly and Missy (Mom's dog). Then Mom and I went to the cemetery -- forgot the scissors and the headstones really need a trim around them! I set up and watered the plants at Pop's neighbors too. I think when they mow they just throw the plants wherever and don't really care if they tip over or whatever :( So... I fixed them and watered them and hopefully they'll be happy :)

After the cemetery we went looking for a used furniture store. Found it.. but they were closed. Something to keep in mind for future visits. Then we came home and Mom napped and I vegged. Then Mike and I went to Big Lots (I got Shelley a Christmas present :) ), and to the mall. Our plan was just to go to Steve and Barry's... but they didn't have the shirt Blake wanted so we ventured out into the mall to see if we could find it. We did. It is a pink t-shirt that says "Tough guys wear pink" Hee hee :)

That's my boy!!! Have your OWN thoughts!! Wear pink! Don't let "them" stop you!

We came home and Mike made chicken alfredo pasta for dinner. Yummers!

That's pretty much it for now... I am tired.

Jo

No comments: