Monday, September 10, 2007

I have submitted to peer pressure!

Honestly... for the first time in my LIFE I have submitted to peer pressure. Nope... not to do drugs or to drink or to smoke... nothing mundane like that. Nope... I have given in and created a blog. I can't even believe it myself!

I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself... I am a 42 year old preschool teacher in Michigan. I was fortunate to be able to do my student teaching in Perth, Australia and it was a FABULOUS experience!
Here is my husband of 9 years, Mike with our son Blake. Blake caught this fish all by himself and wanted to have it mounted!
Mike is currently an officer with the security forces unit of the United States Air Force, and is also working on remodeling our old "built by drunken monkeys" home :)

Blake is thrilled to be a 2nd grader this year and he will turn 8 in December of 07!
We are also the proud parents and proud big brother to our little angel, Lilly who was born and died on 29 April 2005. I may blog about her at a later date.
We have 2 dogs... Honey a 4 year old yellow lab/ arkansas ridgeback mix and "Princess" Dolly a 16 month old miniature daschund (sp?) Honey is VERY protective of Blake and sleeps in his room every night. If she hears noises outside (which is common since we live mere blocks from a college campus) she will lay in his doorway. Dolly was a graduation present to me from Mike when I got my Masters Degree in December 2006. She is truly a spoiled rotten brat... but she is my baby!!

And 2 kitties... Sam I Am and Teddy Bear. The cats are brothers by litter and are as different as night and day personality wise. Sammy is quite social and will come to the door to see who is there, while Teddy will run and hide until he feels it is safe to come out and investigate the intruder to his space. Sammy is "large boned" and weighs in at a whopping 30 pounds! Imagine THAT on your chest at 3:00 AM! He absolutely LOVES Blake and lets Blake do just about anything to him :) Teddy is a svelt 27 pounds (ha ha) and is quite vocal. He will actually tattle on people or animals in the house. Nobody believes it until they actually witness it.... but he will come and "talk" to me quite often about things that he thinks others shouldn't be doing (such as Sammy is on the table. Blake is in the backyard alone. Dolly is in the garbage. Daddy is outside. These are just a few of the occasions he has had to tattle :) )

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, and when I have time scrapbooking and reading. I also like to be outside and we spend quite a bit of time riding bikes, playing at the river, and camping.

Well... if you've read this far I applaud you and encourage you to check back again. I promise subsequent blogs by me will be more interesting :)
Peace and Love to all who visit here!

Jo
This is Teddy Bear.






Here's Sam I Am in his favorite pose!





Honey (also known as Honey Lou Bear or Honey Bunches of Oats).
Dolly (also known as Princess Dolly or Dollaroo)

2 comments:

Ter said...

Well, I can't imagine who could've possibly pressured you into creating a blog. *innocent*

Anonymous said...

I think it is cool that you take the time to put your thoughts in writing...JES