Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm Freeeeeee......

Ok y'all. You have followed me through one helluva year this year! And now I am free. I was given the option yesterday to either resign or be terminated. Resignation looks a helluva lot better on a resume...and since it was a "forced resignation" I still qualify for unemployment.

So, the good news is I will still be bringing *some* money into the home.

The bad news is, our health insurance will be cancelled and once unemployment time runs out (not sure how long that actually is) if I don't have a job we'll be screwed! YIKES!!

Not sure how exactly we are going to tell my inlaws about this new path we are on. They aren't overly understanding of unemployment. *shrug* But it is what it is and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

I will put in a gazillion applications and if worse comes to worse, I'll get a job at a gas station until I can find something else.

Sucks to have a Master's Degree in Education and not be able to use it.

But... I am really not upset by this. I was way ready to get out of this damn job and working for this freaking agency that pretends it cares about the families and employees and what they REALLY care about is money money money.

I had already decided that I wasn't going to return in the fall....so they just sped up that decision a bit. At least they gave me the option.

So... know of any good jobs??

1 comment:

Ter said...

You can have my job if you want... just be sure to give me an allowance. ;)