Monday, June 23, 2008

*UPDATED* Garage sale funnies

Here are some funny things that happened at our garage sale this weekend.

* a lady about in her 60s bought a book titled "1001 Nights of Great Sex"

* a lady showed a book titled "Honor Thy Wife" to her husband stating, "Here's a book for you, Honey." To which he replied, "Yeah, there's a book out there called "Kiss My Ass" too."

* a young man (I'd say in his 20s) went to the sale across the street... left... returned a bit later with a girl... left... returned a bit later with a different girl... left.... returned again in a truck, with his car being driven by the first girl... bought a mattress. Shelley and I deduced that he has 2 women and talked them both into going halfsies on the mattress so then he didn't have to pay anything.

* little girl walks up with her mom, points to the infant carrier/ car seat and says, "Mommy? Mommy? Was I borned in one of those?"

* another mom looking at 7 foot tall inflatible snowman, asks her son... about age 4... if he'd like it. He says, "Well, no because it won't fit in the car." She explains to him that you let the air out and then it will fit in the car. He still decides no, but I didn't hear his explanation.

* woman wearing t-shirt that read: Be careful or you'll be in my next book.

* lady flipped out because I had $5 on a stroller: "Is this *really* five dollars?!?" We thought she was going to pee herself. Shelley said I should have said, "Well, you can give me more if you'd like." LOL!!

* a lady walked up with her teenage kids... saw the sign for the piano we had for sale... stood in front of the sign and waved her kids by so that they wouldn't see the sign.

* a little boy about 8 or 9 walked up and pointed to the inflatible Tigger and said, "Will you take $5 for the Tigger? Pllllleeeeeaaaaassssseeee????" LOL.. how can you say no to that?? He was so cute!!!

I'll add more if I think of them.. but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head :)

1 comment:

Ter said...

the third one made me LOL then EW.