Friday, May 8, 2009

Bad mom

I am feeling like such a bad mom right now. I have always been incredibly adamant about Blake having sunscreen... since he was just 6 months old enjoying his first summer. I have had horrible sunburn and did NOT want MY baby feeling that pain!

I have been known (as recently as last summer) to call him back out of the water to put sunscreen on him... especially.. ESPECIALLY the tops of his ears.

Remember Wednesday's field trip?

Yup. Sunburn. 2nd degree!!!! On the tops of his ears!!!!

It never even occurred (sp?) to me to put sunscreen on him that day! I knew we were going to be outside all day. I knew it was going to be a warm day.

So now that we've had our road trip to ready care... he has ointment we have to put on 3x a day and if they aren't better by Monday then he can't have recess unless he has a hat that covers his ears. *sigh*

Rotten Mom of the Year Award is in the mail.

No comments: