Thursday, April 10, 2008

Almost fired...

The good news is I am still getting paid.

The bad news is I have been suspended from my job.

Now those of you who know me and chat with me regularly... who am I kidding? Those are the only folks who even READ this dang blog! LOL!!!

Anyhoo... y'all know that I have not been happy in this job for some time. The other day I had an incident with a child and got called to meet with my supervisor and the head of personnel.. AGAIN.

So while they "investigate" the matter further... I am on paid suspension.

I see it as a safety net from God... here's your chance to get out there and find another job before they can your ass.

I am not saying what I did was right... but I did not hurt a child. It's a long story, and I take full responsibility for what I did. But the child was not harmed in ANY way, nor was he in danger of being harmed. I was not angry or frustrated with him. He was kicking me and I wanted to stop him from kicking.

But.... I am about 99.9% positive that I will be fired over it.

Which means no insurance. No income.

So... my goal for this afternoon is to drive all over hell's half acre and put in applications at the colleges in the area to see if I can get in to teach adults. Or at least people who THINK they are adults (hee hee). I have been thinking that is what I would like to do for some time now... and this is the opportunity I have needed, I guess.

I guess the whole purpose of this post is that if you are a prayerful person that you will pray that I find a decent job with insurance that I can start immediately. I really don't even care if it's a teaching job... so long as I can make what I am making now (or more) and have insurance.

HUGS to all of you!!

Jo

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, that sucks! Good luck!

Ter said...

Ugh!

But you're right... this is your chance!! GOOD LUCK!!!