Monday, April 7, 2008

A visit from Santa in April?

We sold our lawnmower so decided to use the $$ to go out to eat tonight. On our way out, Blake noticed a pair of shoes (very similar to the pair of which one shoe is floating down the Chippewa) sitting outside the garage. He asked if I had put them there... uh, no, why would I put shoes by the garage? Then he asked Daddy if HE had put them there. Nope.

His eyes widened and he said, "Santa!"

I said, "Uh, Dude? It's not Christmas. What would Santa be doing here?"

Then he noticed a note in one of the shoes. Quickly scanning the note, he waves the paper toward me and says, "Love, Santa! See? It's from Santa!"

The PS on the note said, "God says to tell you He likes your song."

Oh the joy that that simple line invoked! "I prayed to God and He really DID talk to Santa, Mom!"

Love my boy!

1 comment:

Ter said...

Imagine that!! :)