Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coincidence?

One day last week I was going through the McDonald's drive through to grab a quick bite to eat.

Michael, our friends and I often practice "random acts of kindness". So when I got to the window to pay, I told the girl that I would pay for the car behind me too. As I was driving away I heard a toot toot and I looked back. The lady in the car behind me was waving like crazy, with a big smile on her face.

A few days later I had posted online that I was thinning out my garden and giving away some plants. If anyone wanted them they could come dig them up.

Someone replied and she came to get the flowers. As we were standing in the front yard discussing the flowers, Dolly jumped up in the living room window. The woman said, "I have to ask you a question."

OK.

She said, "A few days ago did you go through the McDonald's drive through and pay for the car behind you?"

I said, "Yes."

She said, "Oh my gosh! That was ME!" and she gave me a big hug. She said she had been telling "everyone" about it and that it was just SO NICE of me to do that.

She recognized Dolly and that's what made her ask. She just went on and on about how she couldn't believe I did that.

She had only ordered a drink.

It cost me $1.06.

It made her week.

No comments: