Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Sleepover

Blake has 3 friends who live in our neighborhood, William and Gordon who are twins... and David who lives a couple of houses down in the other direction.

David is leaving tomorrow to go spend the rest of the summer with his dad. So, Mike and I decided it would be fun to have a sleepover with the boys as a last fling before David leaves.

The boys were all very excited and all of them had their bags and pillows at our house by about 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

I tried to get pictures... but when I'd think about it and go outside, they'd be at somene else's house or off riding bikes.

They were getting ready to play football in the backyard, so I grabbed the camera and went out... just in time to see them leaving with Mike heading towards a nearby school to play in the big field.

At midnight I couldn't stay up any longer and I told the boys goodnight and I headed up to bed.

At 3:00 AM we were woken up by voices in the backyard (right under our bedroom window).

Mike got up to check it out. Turns out it was the boys... because there was a bat in the house! Apparently they don't realize there are MORE bats outside.

Mike closed our bedroom door so the bat wouldn't come in with me (thank you very much) and headed back downstairs to hunt for the wretched creature. A few minutes later... he was back in bed. Apparently Sam I Am, the Mighty Bat Hunter, had caught and killed said creature. Good boy Sam!

Sam I Am, Mighty Bat Hunter

This morning, Ifinally got a pic of all the boys.....


David's on the couch, Gordon is under the red blanket, William is in the middle looking like he's freezing and Blake is stretching. Not sure WHY Honey is looking so guilty and Dolly is running towards the back door to go out.

No comments: